Hero BG

An Over 40 Year Tradition of Winning
Pittsburgh Personal Injury Cases

Berger & Lagnese, LLC

Can I correct errors in my medical records?

Pursuant to a federal law called HIPAA, you have the right to request that your doctor, hospital, or other health care provider correct errors contained in your medical records.If your health care provider grants your request to correct your records, it must make the correction to the records and must inform you that your request was accepted. Your health care provider may deny your request to correct your medical records, if it determines that your records are accurate. If your health care provider denies your request to correct your records, it must provide you with a written denial containing the basis for the denial; inform you that you have a right to submit a written statement disagreeing with the denial; inform you that if you do not submit a statement of disagreement, you may request that any future disclosure of your medical records contain your request for correction; and must provide you with a description of how you may file a complaint with your health care provider or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services regarding your health care provider’s denial.

Contact Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Berger & Lagnese, LLC


Doctors and nurses can make mistakes anywhere, even at the top hospitals in Pittsburgh, PA such as UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Jefferson Hospital, Forbes hospital etc. If you have a specific question about HIPAA or medical malpractice, please call us at (412) 275-4122 or contact us online. At Berger & Lagnese, LLC, our lawyers specialize in medical malpractice and work on cases in Pittsburgh, Greensburg, Uniontown, Beaver, Erie, Washington, and all of Western Pennsylvania. Our office is conveniently located at 310 Grant St # 720, Pittsburgh, PA, and our team of lawyers will find out what happened with your medical care and will get you answers to your questions.