Joshua L. Berger is a Partner in the law firm of Berger & Lagnese, LLC
Joshua Berger received a B.A. in Political Science from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1982 and a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1986 where he was the Managing Editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce (1985-86) and Legal Writing Teaching Assistant.
Today, Joshua represents individuals who have been injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, truck accidents, car accidents, industrial accidents, defective products, unsafe property, and other personal injury cases. Joshua has worked on many cases involving the misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer, including breast cancer, cervical cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma, endometrial cancer, and thyroid cancer. He has also worked on many cases involving surgical mistakes, including hernia surgery, gallbladder surgery, and spine surgery and has obtained significant jury verdicts and settlements in these cases.
Joshua is board certified in Medical Malpractice Law by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and was selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America”. Joshua has the highest rating (AV) in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards from Martindale-Hubbell and is rated as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. Political Science
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D.
- Pennsylvania Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Professional Association & Memberships:
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Fellow
- The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee Member (2002-08)