Personal Injury Attorneys Located in Pittsburgh, PA
The law allows an individual injured by the negligence of another party to file a claim or lawsuit against that party. Such actions can range from an insurance claim to a complex personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. When it comes to the second type of action, the lawsuit, it is important for the plaintiff – the injured person – to have sound advice and counsel.
The Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our law firm welcomes inquiries about all types of personal injury cases, including cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Accidents at defective or dangerous properties (known as premises liability cases)
- Injuries caused by defective and dangerous products (known as products liability cases)
How Our Lawyers Help
We start every personal injury case by determining the facts. This may mean reading police reports, hiring an investigator, deposing witnesses and consulting with experts. Our law firm has the resources to do all these things and more. Once we understand what happened, we can then determine who should be held liable for the losses our client suffered.
Whether a client became disabled and unable to work, or developed a post-injury condition that required frequent medical treatment or therapy, we can determine the cost and incorporate that into the case.
Examples of Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
Negligence takes many forms. We see almost everything in our cases, but some of the most common instances of negligence include:
- Drunk driving
- Texting or using other devices while driving
- Not obeying traffic regulations such as the speed limit
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Not providing protective gear to workers
- Not training workers in safety procedures
- Not adequately guarding construction sites
- Knowingly using defective or inappropriate equipment on the job
- Not maintaining property despite knowing about problems
- Not providing lights, security systems or guards in certain situations
- Knowing that a manufactured product could be dangerous but selling it without adequate testing
- Not providing adequate instructions for using a product safely
These are just a few examples of the types of negligence we see in our cases. If you believe your injury was the result of negligent actions such as these, get sound legal advice about your options.
Contact Lawyers at Berger & Lagnese in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
To learn whether you have a case after an injury caused by negligence, contact our law firm. Remember, you owe no attorney’s fee unless we win your case.