Anesthesia Errors Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorneys Seeking Compensation for Victims of Malpractice Throughout Western Pennsylvania
The American healthcare system is chock full of stories of patients who wake up during a procedure and are forced to endure the pain of surgery, or who are improperly administered anesthesia and enter into a comatose state. Unfortunately, anesthesia errors occur with surprising frequency, and the consequences should not be ignored by patients who have legitimately suffered injuries as a result. Studies have shown that about 300 anesthesia-related deaths occur annually in the United States alone.
If you have suffered injuries resulting from an anesthesia error that occurred during a surgical intervention or as a result of therapeutic use, then you may be entitled to damages under Pennsylvania law. Contact our office today to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney at Berger & Lagnese, LLC, who will evaluate your claims. Consultation is provided free of charge.
Negligent Acts Leading to Anesthesia Errors
As you may not initially be aware that your treating healthcare professionals acted negligently in administering anesthesia, it’s important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible after your injuries. All relevant defendants must be identified and claims must be filed in order for you to recover damages.
Anesthesia errors can be caused by a variety of negligent acts, including:
- Failure to instruct as to safety precautions before the administration of anesthetic drugs (i.e., restricting alcohol and food consumption)
- Failure to administer the correct type and/or amount of anesthetic drugs
- Failure to administer anesthetic drugs in a timely fashion
- Improper monitoring of patient during procedure
- Using broken or otherwise defective medical equipment
- Failure to take into account the patient’s medical history and current medication regime
As negligence can take so many forms, it may be difficult for you to clearly identify what went wrong with your anesthesia. With the aid of a skilled medical malpractice attorney, however, you’ll be well-equipped to investigate the factual circumstances surrounding your claim. Contact Berger & Lagnese, LLC, today.
Injuries Caused by Anesthesia Errors
The various injuries caused by anesthesia errors are diverse. They include:
- Pain and suffering, both from the original injury and from injuries caused by the anesthesia error
- Respiratory problems
- Long-term nausea
- Nerve damage
- Heart problems, heart attack, seizures, and stroke
- Asphyxia and resulting brain damage
- Birth defects, when improperly administered to a pregnant woman
- Paralysis, due to anesthesia injuries affecting the spinal cord
- Patient entered into a comatose state
- Severe emotional distress and anxiety resulting from consciousness during a surgical procedure
Injury complications associated with anesthesia errors are not singular or exclusive. In many cases, patients may suffer a range of anesthesia injuries that flow from the negligent acts of their treating health care professionals.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Firm Today
Anesthesia error claims are often complicated by muddy circumstances, in addition to the difficulty of litigating a claim against defendants with access to substantial resources. As such, you’ll want an experienced team of medical malpractice attorneys at your side. The Pennsylvania medical malpractice attorneys at Berger & Lagnese, LLC, have helped numerous victims of medical negligence obtain justice and compensation for nearly three decades. Let us help you.
To set up a free consultation today, call our office at 412-471-4300 or submit your inquiry via our online contact form. We look forward to helping you move forward with your claims.