Firm Logo

Confidential Settlement For Infection Missed in ER That Caused Death

Our client went to the ER where he complained of pain in his buttock and an infection on his buttock.  The ER doctor diagnosed our client with a boil and sent him home.  Subsequently, our client died from a perirectal abscess in the buttock.  We filed a lawsuit against the ER doctor and the hospital.  We learned that the ER doctor was not trained in emergency medicine and that our client should have had x-rays done to identify the abscess and then had it drained.  None of this was done which caused our client’s death.  The hospital paid money to our client’s family to make up for their loss.

Berger Lagnese & Paul, LLC works on infection cases and other medical malpractice cases in Pittsburgh and throughout Western Pennsylvania.  Contact us for a free evaluation of your case.

We Have Successfully Handled Cases Like Yours