Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms
Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most frequently treated conditions in the United States today. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by many different factors and conditions, including repetitive motion, diabetes, and pregnancy. The symptoms associated with carpal tunnel syndrome vary from person to person. However, the most common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- 1. Frequent numbness and/or tingling in the thumb, pointer finger, and/or middle finger;
- 2. Weakness in the grip strength of the affected hand;
- 3. Waking up at night with the affected hand feeling like it has fallen asleep (pins and needles);
- 4. Pain in the affected hand;
- 5. Finding yourself shaking your hand out frequently throughout the day to get rid of a tingling sensation; and
- 6. Loss of muscle mass at base of the thumb on affected hand.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Pittsburgh Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Lawyers Represent Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Throughout Western Pennsylvania
If you have already had surgery for your carpal tunnel syndrome and you continue to experience one or more of these symptoms, you may have been the victim of a surgical injury involving the cutting of one or more of the nerves that run into your hand.
Contact Knowledgeable Medical Malpractice Lawyers Pittsburgh PA for Your Free Consultation
If you suspect that you suffered a surgical injury during surgery for your carpal tunnel syndrome, please call us at (412) 471-4300, or contact us online. Berger Lagnese & Paul, LLC’s lawyers specialize in medical malpractice, work on cases in Pittsburgh, Greensburg, Uniontown, Beaver, Erie, Washington, and all courts in Western Pennsylvania. Our office is conveniently located in the heart of Pittsburgh, at 310 Grant St #720, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.